A bit ago - I shared the blog "You Won't Find It In A Box" - and basically my thinking was that if you eliminated boxes from your shopping list, you'd improve the state of your health (with just a few exceptions).
So I'm starting The Box Challenge. *applause, please*
What can you win? Nothing! *oooh*
What can you gain? Less grocery bags. *aahhhh*
What can you lose? I'm predicting - weight! *yeah!*
What happens if you fail? Self-punishment is in your hands. *boo!*
When do we start? How about now?
And we'll go about a month (officially) and end in time to observer the great chocolate tradition of Valentines Day - though, seriously dude, if you are buying more than 5 of those heart boxes - your following in the footsteps of Tiger Woods and that didn't end so well - so just put the chocolate down...I digress.
The rules. (as I quickly discovered this is trickier than it sounds)
1. Vegetables that are purchased in a box DO NOT COUNT as a box.
(though you could be a dear and buy it out of a bag - just for the sake of following along)
2. Tea or other drink products that are calorie free OR less than 10 calories per serving do not count. Soda ABSOLUTELY counts if it comes in a box form.
3. Oatmeal (or other cereal- as pointed out by Janet) doesn't count as long as it is less than 12 grams of sugar per serving.
4. Dried fruits don't count (so long as they don't include high fructose syrup).
5. Non-food items don't count. No need to go without your favorite over the counter med or cosmetic product!
5. You are allowed 5 boxes on any given shopping trip. (A shopping trip should be defined as leaving the house and returning - regardless of number of stores you visit in between.) And while I am sure that no one would consider such things - let it be said: sending your significant other out to purchase all of the normal box items would be considered cheating.
The object is not to be perfect. Just to eliminate a lot of crap - that happens to be packaged in boxes. Join us (see how I just volunteered Janet to join in) by leaving a comment and come back now and again to let us know how you are doing - and if your scale thanks you! I"ll be self reporting about once a week as part of The Perfect 10 challenge. Happy shopping!
Grass Fed Collagen Review #grassfeedcollagen
3 days ago