Thursday, November 19, 2009

Let's Get Physical!

Seriously ya'll, this weather has GOT to stop. I was doing so well with my walking when it was warm and sunny and I could easily and effortlessly get myself to walk outside during my lunch hours or when I got home in the evenings. Now it's dark, or nearly dark, when I get home, and it's cold and rainy and nasty. It just ain't happening.

Kathy and I walked at an indoor track during lunch the last couple days, and that was great. I need to get out of the office for a while, I need to not eat fast food when I do that, and I love to have my exercise done before I head home for a relaxing evening.

Yesterday I had nothing to grab to take for lunch except a can of Spaghetti O's. I was not thrilled with this menu, and I secretly hoped someone, anyone, would invite me to lunch and save me from eating little pasta o's swimming in bland tomato sauce. Thankfully, at about 10:30, Kathy IMed and asked, "What are you doing for lunch?" And I responded, "Going somewhere yummy with you?"

However, that means we didn't walk over lunch. But, thankfully, someone up there heard my prayers, and my boss breezed in about 3:00 and told us all to go home. Because she didn't want to work. Which works out well for me.

It was still cold, dark, and drizzly out, but not nearly as cold, dark, and drizzly as it's been. I got home, went out for the mail, and decided it wasn't too awful out to walk. So, I did. I had on my winter coat with the hood up, but I walked outside. And it was okay. And I felt a little better.


Most Awesome Song I Heard While Working Out: "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John
You had to know this one was coming eventually! I love me some Olivia, and I vividly remember when this song topped the charts (which is revealing my age a little bit). I'd been a fan for a few years already, and this song was just HUGE. I'll let you all in on a little secret. It's not really about aerobics. At all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lmbo if remembering that song makes you old then I am old and I refuse to be old sooo neither are you...