Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Owe You Guys an Apology

And no, it's not because of the insanely depressing weather we've having, as I can't do anything about that. But seriously, it's putting a HUGE damper on my walking, as well as my desire to get out of bed ever.

I ate my second of two of the new Healthy Choice entrees. The ones I was wholeheartedly recommending due to the fabulous $2 coupon they were offering and the $1.88 price on the freezer shelf of Wal-mart. I declared that in fact I was being paid to eat these and would eat about anything under those circumstances. Let me be clear, HC did not in fact pay me anything for recommending their product. I just thought it was an awesome deal and wished to share it with you dear readers.

I shared that I wasn't terribly thrilled with my first entree, the Tomato Basil Penne. It was okay, if you're an onion lover, which I'm not. I ate it, but I tasted onions all day.

Yesterday I had Mediterranean Pasta. It looked like a healthy meal, with whole grains, beans, and veggies, so I gave it a shot. As it cooked in the microwave at work, I started smelling cinnamon. Which seemed inappropriate. By the time the microwave dinged (dang?) there was the distinct aroma of cinnamon rolls filling my office. Which is an okay smell. Even a great smell. At BREAKFAST TIME. Not so much in a lunch of pasta, veggies, and beans.

But, being brave, and determined, and cheap, I dug in anyway. It tasted like cinnamon. It was horrible. As in, so horrible that I didn't eat it, and I threw it away. I don't throw food away. I'm that cheap.

So, I tried to be healthy. I ended up throwing the "healthy" meal in the trash and going to Wendy's for a sour cream and chive baked potato. And I ate my pear. So that part was okay.

Anyhow, if you tried the Healthy Choice meals based upon my "recommendation", I sincerely apologize. But if you did try one, do share your thoughts. I'm very curious about the pumpkin ravioli. However, based upon my cinnamon roll pasta, and the availablity of pumpkin ravioli, Regina and I brainstormed other dessert/lunches HC might want to try and came up with these:

chocolate spaghetti
strawberry short ribs
beef roast with Cool Whip and a cherry on top
raspberry salami squares
pepperoni cheesecake
hot fudge mashed potato sundae
salmon with lemon chiffon sauce
and caramel crab cakes

Seriously, I want a commission on sales from these.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

roflmbo ok I have never been a fan of Hc anything ever for the reason you are discovering.. However you can get Marie Callendars that are low in fat and very good to eat.. My kids even eat them...

Regina said...

I bought the steamers- which were NOT $2 off nor were they priced at $1.89. The tuscan chicken was good. I bought a few others - but haven't tried them out yet. I'll let you know...

Karen M. Peterson said...

Mmm...I did the newly expanded menu!

I tried one of those steamer thingies that have been advertised lately. It was YUMMY. I can't remember what it was called, but it was spiral pasta with some kind of red sauce. No meat or anything. The noodles needed to cook a little longer than the direction specified, but it was seriously good.

Karen M. Peterson said...

And I meant to say I DIG the menu. Not did.