Friday, November 6, 2009

In which I reveal my next baby step. And talk too much about my boobs.

Yoga last night was awesome, as always. Somehow I just felt like everything was "right" again. I felt strong and flexible, relaxed and focused.

I went early so I could walk (because I did in fact go to Taco Bell for lunch, rather than walking!). I walked about 40 minutes, and I actually jogged three laps. Not like all at once. I'd run a lap, walk a couple, run a lap, walk a couple.

Here's the thing. I seriously don't like running in public. Because my boobs are just insane. Regina has threatened to write a posting called "My Boobs are Out of Control" and if she doesn't do it soon, I think I will.

Anyway, so last night I was only jogging around the parts of the track where there are NOT hot men lifting weights. Because I didn't want crazy boobs flopping around running past the men.

So, as I was planning my next sprint, I thought, you know, maybe if I did more running in general, the boobs would eventually be less huge and chaotic. Then, I saw two women jogging who were mostly larger than me. Jogging past the men and everything. So I said screw it. And I ran past the men. Once. I swear every weight in the place dropped. But whatever. I might have imagined that.

Anyhow, yoga rocked, and during that time, my next "Baby Step" became clear. Yoga is only on Thursday nights. And I have to work the next two and can't go. Then the one after that is Thanksgiving. So...FOUR weeks until I go to yoga again? No.

I decided last night that yoga makes me feel so good that I cannot possibly skip it three weeks in a row. And I do actually have a yoga DVD that I love (maybe will post about that next week). So, my next baby step is that I WILL do yoga EVERY week, even if I can't go to class. I'll do my video on either Wednesday or Friday if I can't go to class on Thursday.

Maybe eventually I'll start doing the yoga once a week plus class once.

And, I'm concerned greatly about the horrors that next week will hold for my health efforts, because Regina and I will be away at a work thing. Long hours, lots of sitting, catered meals, chocolate on the tables. Me exhausted and trying desperately to stay awake. I decided last night to set a goal of walking one, just one, of the three days we're away, for at least 20 minutes. I know that's nothing. But really, for this conference, for me, it's big. I think I can.


Most Awesome Song I Heard While Working Out: "Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band. How is this a workout song, you ask? Well, it's not. Except that I just love it. It puts a spring in my step and a smile on my face. It's such a silly, cheesy, soothing, and dirty song.
I always though a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite
But you've got some bait a waitin' and I think I might try nibbling
A little afternoon delight

I mean come on. It's fabulous.

5 comments:

Regina said...

I totally think WE can pull off a 20 minute walk - likely more than once...maybe, we can insist that our brains are not working properly and go on the walk during parts that are making us eat chocolate and sleep to escape? HA!

I'm packing lots and lots of water packets - just in case I find the strength to avoid the keg of soda that will be in my face!

Unknown said...

I can totally empathize with the boobs issue.. I one lost a ton of weight except my boobs got BIGGER yeah i was so not amused... Apparently the weight moved northward for sunnier skies grrrr

Karen M. Peterson said...

I have to strap my girls down with two bras. Trust me. It works.

Anonymous said...

Buy an Enell sports bra. Those babies won't move.

Anonymous said...

I share your big boobs issue. Actually, a few weeks ago my husband and I were out jogging and I jogged past these drunk guys (long story) and they made a comment about "putting my eye out with those things" and then my husband decided to try and defend my honor, and did I mention they were drunk and there were four of them and one of him? Yeah. Big boobs can be big problems. But good for you for running!