Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Making Healthy Choices

Okay, I tried my first of the new Healthy Choice meals, Tomato Basil Penne, and I must admit, I'm not a fan. Inordinant amount of onions if you ask me. I had it for lunch, and I can still taste them. I don't like onions much though, so if you're an onion eater, try it and go wild.

However, my Wal-mart now has these meals for $1.68, and with my $2 coupons, I'm actually getting paid to eat them. So I bought another one today. This time Mediterranean Pasta. I'll let you know how that goes. It has something crazy like 12 grams of fiber.

I've been doing well with my goals. I've only missed one day of walking in the last week. And I'm doing better eating my fruit. I don't know if I can call it another "step" but I've also started taking a B complex vitamin (supposed to boost energy, help metabolism, and improve symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, which I do have very mildly). I'm also taking a fish oil supplement.

I'm doing the push ups and crunches about every three days. I can't tell much in my arms, but my abs are sore like all the time. I'm up to 75 crunches on the ball. My push ups have not increased at all, but honestly, I think my form was crap at the start, and now I'm focusing more on that. So, probably doing fewer correctly is more important anyway.

Kathy couldn't walk with me today, so I hit the track on my own. I even did a couple trips up and down the bleachers. I'm sure my thighs will scream tomorrow.


Most Awesome Song I Heard While Working Out "The Rumour" by Olivia Newton-John. LOVE this song. I love Olivia, regardless, but this is a little known gem of hers that always gets me in a good mood. Elton John wrote it. It's fabulous. If you're not familiar, click on the link and you can listen to a snippet. The video is adorable too. It won't let me embed it, so click here to see.

1 comment:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I've never been a fan of the Healthy Choice meals, but I do enjoy the occasional Lean Cuisine. But, sheesh. If they're paying you to eat their stuff, totally worth it!