Monday, September 14, 2009

Within Reach of Life's Magic

I signed up to receive "Notes from the Universe" a while back. Somehow the messages I get often hit the nail right on the head. It's like The Universe truly is communicating directly with me about exactly what's going on in my life at that moment. Though, I know for a fact that Regina gets the same messages I do, so maybe it's all in my head.

Anyway, one of my messages last week was this, "You don't take "baby steps" for the distance they cover, Janet, but to put yourself within reach of life's magic."

So see, The Universe is down with the "Baby Steps" plan! And I do really think it's true that the littlest steps in the right direction set bigger things in motion. It's not that walking 20 minutes today is going to make me lose 50 pounds. But taking that little step makes me think twice about how many cookies I eat later.

X told me this weekend that he can tell I'm getting smaller. I'm not sure how much to believe him. I've barely lost 4 pounds. But, I'm going to take it as a good sign.

Most Awesome Song I Heard While Working Out Today: "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins. This is in honor of Kathy meeting Kevin Bacon last week. Also, have you heard they are re-making this movie? I'm not sure how that's gonna be. It seems like such an iconic 80's thing.

No comments: