Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Much Too Young to Feel This Damn Old

That was my Most Awesome Song I Heard While Working Out for today. I know, it's really kind of a downer of a song. But that's the song that came on and made me think, "YES! This is exactly how I feel." And I am too young to feel this old. So, I think it was an appropriate choice.

I'm still fighting a cold (and I'm determined not to let it win!). I think I got it from a co-worker (who insists she just has allergies. Yeah, contagious allergies, that she's given to me, and I've now given to X). I spent most of Labor Day weekend lying on my sofa like a lump. I did go to work today, but I was just going through the motions.

I managed to walk my 20+ minutes the last three days (didn't manage Friday or Saturday). And I've eaten my fruit and taken my vitamin. Oh, and I drank my water. I've had a lot of water. So, theoretically, I'm following "my diet." I can't taste much, so I'm not too tempted to overeat. Well, except ice cream. Because my throat hurts. It's medicinal, so the calories don't count.

I'll spare you the gory details, but I'm having a minor medical procedure this week which requires me to follow a clear liquids diet for two days. I'm not looking forward to it, but I can't taste anything anyway, so whatever. My next weigh-in might be a little skewed because of that, but we'll see.

Anyhow, I certainly hope that the next time I post, I'm feeling more like the 29-year-old I am at heart!

No comments: