Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Have a Nice Day

I walked today for the first time since before I got sick. Which was...two weeks ago today? Ugh. I never feel like working out when I'm sick, but this time I really did have the fever, and symptoms "below the neck" that they (who are they again?) say you shouldn't work out with. So, I felt justified.

And honestly, I thought it would be rough getting started again today, but it wasn't. It felt pretty good to get moving again. And I only coughed a few (dozen) times.

In all fairness, I haven't been totally sedentary. I went to a conference for three days last week. A conference that I swear was all uphill. Both ways. It was at a resort by a lake with a lot of hills. Our rooms were on the far end, and we had to walk and walk and WALK everywhere. It was all hills if you walked outside, and all stairs if you tried to walk inside. I decided hills were less evil and did that most of the time.

Also, I went to see Bon Jovi in concert Monday night, and spent two plus hours shakin' what my mama gave me. And yelling. Not sure how many calories yelling burns.

I do think I've lost a few pounds from all this illness. Which isn't the way I'd choose to lose, but I'll take it, and I hope I can get right back into eating healthy and working regularly out in order to keep it off. I haven't officially weighed to see what's what, but I will soon.


Most Awesome Song I Heard While Working Out: "Have a Nice Day" by Bon Jovi. Not my favorite song of theirs, but it's one I do kinda like, and one they did not perform Monday night.  So I was glad to have it pop up on the iPod today. Plus it's got a good beat for walking, and the message about living one's own life is a good one.  "I ain't gonna do what I don't want to.  I'm gonna live my life!"

No comments: