So I felt it appropriate to post our second ever blog award on Sunday. We just received this from Food Addict at Food: My Drug of Choice. She found us the other day by searching for her own blog, and happening upon my post, "Is Food My Drug of Choice?" Turns out, we seem to have a lot in common (except that she is, um, like actually losing weight), and she has a great blog, so check her out!
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Let your nominees know about the award.
So, without further ado...Thank you Food Addict!
Seven things about me:
1. Most of the time, I'd rather snack than eat "real food." Someone told my mom once that she eats like a ten-year-old latch-key child, and I think I inherited that from her. (Nobody uses that term anymore, "latch-key child" which maybe means fewer people are leaving children home unattended? I hope. Anyway...)
2. I really dislike sports. Playing sports especially, but I'm not terribly fond of even watching. Unless I'm terribly fond of someone playing, like a cousin, or my high school team, or whatever. Then I'll go. But I still don't really relish the idea.
3. I can do butterfly pose in yoga really well. I'm not the most limber person, but for some reason, my body bends that way.
4. I cannot, however, do child's pose. It makes me feel like I'm suffocating. I think because my boobs and stomach are too big. So, I do a variation, which I think is actually called polar bear or something like that. I spread my knees wider, and rest my forehead on my palms. Try it. It's cozy.
5. I guess I'm what you'd call a "flexitarian." I eat meat, but not a lot. And if I think about it too much, it bothers me. I'd really like to be able to just give it up completely, because I love animals. I don't think I could ever do vegan though, because I adore cheese.
6. I seriously believe my job was making me fat. I'm hoping to reverse that trend now. Unless being unemployed also turns out to make me fat. So far it makes me mostly just not want to eat.
7. It makes me insane to work out without my ipod. I'll seriously just skip working out if I forget my ipod. And "my" ipod technically belonged to my job. So, when I lost my job, I lost the ipod. I went without it for a day, then bought a new one. And it's awesome.
Okay, as for the fifteen "new blogs", I have been neglecting my blogging world so much lately, I don't have that many "new" ones to nominate. So, the newest ones I've found are:
Dr. Grumpy in The House (Hilarious!)
Eric Maisel Creativity Central (which actually hasn't been updated in a month, but is worth browsing)
Stuff No One Told Me
And now they are cuing the music telling me to wrap up my speech, so thank you all for reading us, despite our ups and downs (on the scale, and in our lives).
Meet Hank, the Valley Bulldog
3 days ago