Thursday, December 10, 2009

Random Stuff to Let You Know I'm Still Here

It's that time of year. The time when Janet falls off the weight loss wagon and forgets to blog. I thought I'd better shoot off something here to make sure you don't all forget me.

I'm hanging in there and doing the best I can with the working out and eating, but I'm far from perfect this time of year. I did walk with Kathy over lunch today, and we hit the actual gym Monday, where I did the elliptical and some arm and ab machines. I haven't done my push ups and crunches for probably two weeks, so I need to get back into that. I've done pretty well walking 3 days a week or so, but that's not as much as I'd like.

I went to yoga last week, which was rough but awesome. And I did actually stick to my "must do yoga every week" decision two of the three weeks I couldn't go to class. I can't go to class again this week, so I'll plan to do my video tomorrow or Saturday.

Eating... well, I haven't started any baking yet, and nobody has started giving me their baking either (what's the deal people?!), so that's not a problem. I did make X drive me to Dairy Queen last night for a pecan mudslide. You'd be surprised how many people in Missouri decide they need ice cream when it's 12 degrees and snowing. Go figure. Anyway, the doggies got to tag along and collect their free biscuits, so a fun time was had by all.

Regina and I talked the other day about the dangers of just letting it all go until Jan. 1 and that whole "Last Supper" mentality that can result in major gains. So, I'm still trying to make better choices, while not being hard on myself for slacking a little on the workouts or giving in to a treat here and there. But I do for sure plan on getting back into my program full force in January.

I haven't even weighed myself since the last time I weighed in and posted. I'm kind of afraid to look, but I don't think it would be THAT bad. Maybe I'll do it this weekend and update my ticker.

So, that's where I'm at. How about you? Sticking with your plan through the holidays, or allowing yourself some slack?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's my holiday plan: try to do the best I can. On days when I don't have any big events, I'm sticking to my POINTS and exercising. On days when I have an "eating event" or party, I'm eating lightly through the rest of the day WITHOUT STARVING MYSELF. So far, it's working for me.