Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Meme

I'm tickling the fancy of Janet @ Stuff I Think About and answering all the stuff you need to know about me and the holiday...here goes!

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping?
The answer became YES, just this weekend. For those keeping score - I'm usually done before Thanksgiving...this December has crept up on me, I swear I was robbed of November!

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions.
For the past several years it has become a tradition to get lost, run inexcusably late, or have scheduling mis-communications - all of which lead to us MISSING Christmas eve service. Do you get credit for "intending" to be there?

As a better example of a tradition that actually involves "doing something" - we have a count down nativity scene that my son takes great pride in doing every year. Each day he is thrilled to tell me what he found - which is amusing b/c at the end of the year - HE is the one that packs it back up for the next season. This year he's disgusted with his decision to put all the animals first - it's Dec 7th and we have no PEOPLE in the scene yet!

3. When do you put up your Tree?
I LIKE to do this on Thanksgiving day while watching the Parade. It works very well if you are NOT the host of the lunch...this year, we do have it up - but we're still working on that whole "decorating" thing...it's a process, right?

4. Are you a Black Friday shopper?
Uhm NO. I don't like people that much - especially crazy, possessed, "gotta have it" people. And - I don't like 4AM. Period.

5. Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home?
On that day - we will be home. We will travel a bit somewhere before or after.

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory?
It involves Doc Martin wishes, a misleading box, and a disappointing pair of sheets. I can't talk about it without a therapist!

7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time?
The Snowman - it's a silent cartoon with great music.

8. Do you do your own Christmas baking? What's your favorite treat?
Please tell me where to sign up to NOT have to do your own baking. Seriously, this is an option? Yes I do it. I mostly like anything that is yummy - I'm flexible.

9. Fake or Real Tree?
I have allergies. Real Tree Equals Death.
You do the math.

10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done?
Whatever day I happen to overhear the "....days until Christmas."

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?
No - wrapping must happen soon after entrance to the residence to avoid snoopers!

12. What is your favorite fun time at Christmas?
Is there a fun time for adults? Oh yes, it's got to be the excitement before the opening of the gifts - that anticipation is the BEST.

13. What Christmas craft do you like the best?
This year I'm loading up on origami cranes -they are said to bring good luck. I'm hoping for an overdose!

14. Christmas music? Yes or no? And if yes, what is your favorite song?
Usually it's No. There are a few times that I can stand it - when decorating the tree, on that day or that morning. Carol of the Bells is likely my favorite - but it's recently been ruined by the Burger King song - ding, fries are done, ding, fries are done. It will never be the same.

15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping?
Moments after I'm done. Really, I recently learned that if you have low expectations - you are less likely to be disappointed. So I'm going with this answer OR before that morning - which ever comes first.

Want to play along? Here's what you do...
Just simply copy and paste the questions into your blog, and then answer them.

•Then tag 5 or more of your favorite blogs, and leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged.

•When you post on your blog, please spread some Christmas Cheer, and leave a link back to the blogger who started the meme: Heather @ (Top 10 Christmas) Heather would like any blogger to participate in this meme, so let her know if you do it.

1 comment:

Janet said...

I'm with you on the 4:00 a.m. thing. I don't do anything at that time except sleep.