Monday, August 30, 2010

Have You Heard of this Pregnancy Hormone Diet?

I'm not on the diet.  But I just had lunch with a friend who is.  And yes, she's lost 9 pounds in 11 days.  But at what cost?

I don't even know how much she's paying, so I mean the figurative cost.  She's taking some hormone that is supposed to mimic what a woman's body produces after pregnancy, like to help the body shed the baby weight?  Which, I can't think is good for a person, but whatever.

And then she's only allowed to eat 500 calories a day.  500 A DAY!  I just wanted to grab her and shake her.  I mean, come on.  Anybody will lose weight at the start on only 500 calories a day.

She can only eat like grilled chicken, fish, or shrimp and fresh fruits and veggies.  Oh, and melba toast (????)  So, you can imagine, eating a meal out with her was a joy.  In her defense, they screwed up her order, twice.  I mean, when you ask for no dressing on the salad, you mean no dressing.

Then she proceeded to sit there and drool over the pasta somebody nearby was eating.  And the dessert menu so cruelly placed in front of us.  I was at least kind enough to order a salad as well, though I cheerfully enjoyed the dressing on mine.  I refrained from ordering the new pasta on Applebee's menu that is topped with provolone cheese filled meatballs.

Anyway, I am not on this diet, and I'm not going on this diet, and I have not lost 9 pounds in 11 days (or in 100 days).  Any of you tried it?

5 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I have heard about this diet and it sounds like nothing good could possibly come from it.

asithi said...

500 calories! OMG! Geez, she must be starving all the time. I just don't see anything good coming out of this diet.

Anonymous said...

Sounds a bit like the Dr Bernstein diet.

Whatever, different strokes for different folks and all that. But it would never work for me.

Anonymous said...

Sounds a bit like the Dr Bernstein diet.

Whatever, different strokes for different folks and all that. But it would never work for me.

the teacher's pets said...

Thank you for becoming a fan of The Teacher's Pets and I would love to feature your blog next Thursday at the THANKFUL FUR 3 THURSDAY BLOG HOP. If you would like, I can feature both of your blogs for slots #1 and #2 because there is plenty of room because not too many newcomers joined in this week.
I am your newest RSS feed follower. I tried to follow you via Google Friend Connect but a pop-up appeared....who knows why?
I do love your writing style; I felt like I was sitting across from you at the lunch table thinking the same things you were thinking. I can picture us gossiping about your 500 calorie friend on the phone later on too. I cringe when I read about people who go on strange/unhealthy diets because I know the damage they can cause and I hope someone will talk to her about her eating habits!