Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back on the Mat

I went back to yoga class last night, after the three class hiatus my instructor took over the holidays (how dare she?!).  I'm not gonna lie.  It was hard.

It's amazing how quickly I can get out of practice with stuff like that.  But I was proud of myself for going, and I plan to go every Tuesday and Thursday in January.  My goal is to stick with these two classes per week for a month, and then if I feel up to the challenge, I might try the Power Yoga class on Mondays during February.

Might.

I'm a little scared of that.  So, we'll see.

I've been back into walking also, and the longest I went without walking over the break was three days.  Note to self:  You can miss one day of walking.  You can even miss two days in a row if necessary.  But don't skip three days anymore.  It's just too hard to get back into it after taking that long off.

So how are you doing with your fitness goals so far in January?

2 comments:

FourJedis said...

I have wanted to try yoga for so long! I just can't get myself to go, even though I know it will be the best thing I can do for my body. So far so good this year. 5 days in and I have run 11 miles and attended Crossfit 2x. Today is my day of rest.

Keep up the great work!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I know it was hard, but it felt great, didn't it?