Sunday, March 6, 2011

Why Did Everything Get so Hard?

I don't know what happened to me, but my whole plan of just relaxing and letting the pounds fall off isn't going great.  Somehow the relaxed philosophy that was working so well for me has turned into stress the F*&# out and watch the pounds pour back on.

Work got a little crazy.  I spent more days on the road than I'd like, and that led to being tired and pissy and eating to make myself feel better.

I did go to yoga this week, but I hadn't been in three weeks.  And it was hard.  Really hard.  And this was the "gentle yoga" class.  Ugh.

The weather is warming up though, so I'm trying to get back into walking to the end of the road and back during the day.  Maybe that will help.

I actually like cold weather and winter, but even I was getting tired of the snow and the freezing temperatures and no sunshine.  I'm hoping that spring arriving will put a "spring" back in my step.

How have you been doing?

3 comments:

Wyatt said...

We are doing this thing called idita-walk. We keep track of our own minutes spent walking with the dogs and need to log 1049 minutes in Feb. and Mar. It's been a motivator to get out during some harsh weather. We are over half way and the dogs are happy :)

Wyatt's Mom

Regina said...

I have done nothing lately but mastering the art of being really bad!

the teacher's pets said...

Well, don't get too down on yourself because at least you got "right back in the saddle" and went back to yoga! Heck, some people (like myself) can't commit to a schedule that revolves around yoga! At least you haven't given up your quest to be fit and that's a good thing! We are here to support you and I am sorry my support hasn't been consistent but I will be better at it, I promise!