Friday, June 10, 2011

Elizabeth's Back!

My Turn! Well many of you... well, some of you... well, maybe one or two of you, may be wondering why I haven’t posted since January of 2010. Yeah, I know unbelievable and inexcusable. To put it in summer concert terms, life in 2010 was pretty much a Crap Fest. Yes, I said Crap Fest 2010, with a capitol C and a big ‘ol fest! This has a great deal to do with why I didn’t post or have anything weight wise to post about. My exercise and eating habits went completely out the door. I can proudly announce that I didn’t gain any weight but I certainly didn’t lose any either. I pretty much stayed where I was. (Considering the 5 deaths of friends and family, my dog getting brain cancer and dying on Christmas Eve, my job being cut and several friends losing their jobs as well.) I think no change in weight was a great accomplishment. Although when I look in the mirror I can see the stress and strain of the past year, which is why I’ve rededicated myself to a new regime of eating healthier and exercise.

One of my big food loves is bread or really any starchy food. For the past week I’ve cut out eating any starchy foods during the day (Breakfast and lunch) eating mostly veggies and fruit. For dinner I eat a normal meal with my beloved starchy foods on the menu. As far as my exercise routine… well my intentions were good but my body did not comply. I fell last Thursday and fractured my pinky and scraped up my knee really bad. So riding my bike, which is my favorite form of exercise, has been left in the garage. I know I could probably walk but motivation has left the building without me.

I’m really hoping that getting back into blogging again (with two fingers and a thumb on my left hand) will keep me honest with myself and do the things I’ve been neglecting to do for the past year and a half. My God! It’s really been a year and a half! Kick me in the ass if I haven’t blogged again in 3 weeks. Seriously!

4 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Good to see you back and yep I will come kick your butt if you haven't posted in 3 weeks. Actually you better start doing THREE posts a week! :)

I am sorry for all of the things that have happened and pray that 2011 is treating you more kindly.

You may want to consider Weight Watcher's (if you haven't already). I joined last Oct and have lost 40 lbs so far. I have done nearly every diet in the book and WW is the BEST thing I have ever done. It isn't a "diet" it's a way of life.
I have 30 to 40 more pounds to go but for being 55 what I accomplished ain't half bad!

Janet said...

Glad you're back! You did have a pretty rough 2010. Here's hoping the rest of 2011 is better!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Welcome back! I hope that pinkie heals up!

Megan said...

Yay, you're back!! So glad to see you in blogland again!!!