Sunday, June 16, 2013

Yoga is Hard

I've always thought plank was a hard pose.  The yoga class I'm going to lately has me doing all sorts of crazy twisty bendy balancing really hard stuff.  It's a different kind of hard than other yoga classes I've attended.

This chick is trying to get us all to do handstands and stuff.  But, believe it or not, I like it.  I mean, I can't actually DO most of it.  But she does a good job teaching us poses to do building up to these harder things.  And last time she said something about realizing that handstands are hard, and a lot of us aren't there yet, but we'll never GET there if we don't TRY and practice and work at it.

Anyway, as she had me doing all these lungy, sweaty, hard things, she said to step back into plank, and I found myself thinking, "Oh, thank God, plank.  Now I can finally rest a second."

Wow.  Maybe she's right.  I am getting better if plank is a restful pose!

1 comment:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Yoga rocks. I need to get back to my class!